a cementa background pic
Cementa 2022 LOGO


After consultation with our community and deep consideration, the Cementa team have taken a breath and made the decision to postpone the 2021 festival until May 2022. The reasons behind this decision are several, and all of them, you guessed it, are based on the ongoing COVID outbreak and restrictions.

Foremost in our hearts and minds is the health and wellbeing of our community here in Kandos. We have an ageing population (of some pretty awesome people) and have been very fortunate to have had a total of zero cases of COVID here. We would never knowingly risk the health of our community and so we have taken the precaution to postpone earlier rather than later.

This decision is also made with our artists in mind, many of whom were not able to complete their residencies in 2020 and are now unable to make them up before October dates. Uncertainty around the current outbreak places artists and audiences at risk of financial loss and made plans to travel to Kandos for the festival difficult. The longer lead time will give us a chance to reset the residency program and get back on the track to another great festival.

The good news is that the festival will still happen, just a little bit later

We can buy WAYOUT! Donate NOW

PREVIOUS Page 3 of 81 NEXT

festival sponsors

Sponsors logos